Function as an Apprentice Electrician, under a certified or licensed Electrician for Prime Electrical. Assist electricians with installing new electrical systems and repairing existing electrical systems while maintaining compliance with national, state, and local electrical codes. Support activities at commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the installation, repair, maintenance, and testing of commercial, industrial, and residential electrical systems.
- Use industry related hand tools and power tools, under supervision.
- Assist the Electrician measure, cut, bend, thread etc. and install wire and electrical cable systems, conduit systems and other wire raceway systems.
- Assist the Electrician with wires and cables within control centers, distribution boxes, transformers, transducers, switch gear, receptacles, switches etc.
- Work with an Electrician to splice and terminate wires at junction points.
- Duties include cleanup, gathering and transporting materials to electricians on the construction site.
- Communicate effectively with foremen and crew members.
- Be courteous to our customer.
- Follow all Prime Electrical’s safety policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (Dependent on level of completion):
- Currently enrolled, or working on enrollment, in an approved Apprentice program.
- Knowledge of electrical theory, basic circuits, branch circuits, and specialty systems.
- Knowledge of Magnetic induction, three-phase transformers, conductors and wiring methods.
- The ability to read and understand Electrical Single Line blueprints.
- Be familiar with aspects of operation, maintenance, and repairs of electrical systems.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment and how to safely use them.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Physical Demands: The employee may require the ability to do the following:
- Lift 50 lbs from ground and pull 50 lbs of force.
- Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit pulling.
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25 lb tool belt.
- Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires.
- Work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms.
- Working Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to:
- A variety of weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, heat, etc.
- High noise levels
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employment is contingent upon the individual staying enrolled in an approved Apprentice program.
Prime Electrical. is an equal opportunity employer that sees diversity as a positive force in a drug-free workplace. We encourage minorities, women and veterans to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled /VEVRAA Contractor